My Complete Resume
David Waters Videography Bio
David Waters is an award-winning videography, television ad producer, photographer, editor, and producer, public relations professional, and social media expert. He’s worked on major Hollywood motion pictures, and has broad experience reaching worldwide audiences.
Who Has Worked with David Waters?
What Does David Waters Promise Clients?
A lot goes into each video project we work on, and we don’t take any job lightly. It’s our baby and we’re putting our name on it, so it must reflect our standards and it must meet your needs. Our business thrives on referrals and we work with each customer like they are the only customer – committing to making sure you love your video as much as we do.
David’s versatility stems from his time many years as an award-winning AP senior television reporter in Orlando, where he appeared CNN several times a week on breaking stories. During his time as a Public Relations professional in the space shuttle program, he worked with tv crews from around the world amid constantly changing conditions and messages.
Being quick on your feet is imperative in the marketing, news and promotions business. Often there’s a need to adapt to the news cycle, incorporate a new idea or change directions. No one knows this better than David.
- Immediately after the 2010 Earthquake in Haiti, David rushed to set up an emergency communications site at Port Au Prince, Haiti airport, using social media to direct tons of relief supplies. He then contacted the CEO of AT&T to resolve a communications billing issue facing the relief workers in Haiti.
Photographer, Editor, and Producer
PBS Newshour / MacNeil-Lehrer Productions
Miles O’Brien Productions
Oct 2009 – Present
Videotaped, produced, edited, and delivered long-form stories ranging from a volcano in Indonesia to the mass shootings in Tucson to the PBS Newshour.
Photographer, Producer, Visual Effects Designer
Discovery Science Channel / CBS Productions
July 2009 – Oct 2009
Videotaped, produced, and created visual effects for the Discovery Science Channel show “Innovation Nation.”
David Waters Productions
March 2009 – Present
Videotaped and produced multimedia content for the National Science Foundation, national news outlets, and Fortune 500 companies including Boeing and Lockheed Martin.
Television and Internet Show Producer, Anchor
February 2009 – August 2011
Helped create, plan, produce, write, edit, and co-anchor:
- The critically acclaimed “This Week In Space” which was one of the most popular science and technology offerings on YouTube and iTunes during its two season run.
- An interactive webcast during space shuttle launches, now seen by more than half a million participants in 181 countries. The creation is so successful, NASA Public Affairs has asked all 10 NASA Centers to learn from our show’s success and emulate it.
- Helped create a first of its kind live aerial technology demonstration on location in Tulsa, Oklahoma for the Rocket Racing League.
Media Relations, Public Affairs Officer
United Space Alliance
Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Public Affairs Officer, Media Relations, and Space Shuttle spokesperson for prime Space Shuttle contractor. Simplified complex technical information for the customer, NASA Public Affairs, and NASA’s Space Shuttle Program manager, for media briefings. Using my extensive journalism background, proactively sought internal stories most attractive to the media, and advised USA and NASA about conveying key messages through them. Increased international exposure by using my worldwide media contacts trust in me.
Spokesperson, Media Relations
Brevard County Emergency Management Rockledge, FL
As volunteer county spokesperson during natural disasters, from tropical storms to brush fires, I summarized and disseminated fast-changing emergency information from state and all county agencies on local and national TV. Advised emergency managers and county leaders on optimum times for crisis communications.
Bureau Chief, Senior Reporter, Photographer, Editor
Central Florida News 13 – Orlando – Melbourne Bureau
1997 – 2008
Award winning senior television reporter, seasoned photographer, and writer for more than a decade in one of the country’s largest television markets. Called on by CNN for three stories a week which I photographed, reported, and edited. Managed and reported for the largest bureau in Orlando viewing area and also anchored news. Responsible for all content, from concept to broadcast, for multiple stories under tight daily deadlines. Assisted in the station’s launch.
One man banded from Haiti during the deadly riots and overthrow of the Haitian government.
Helped Time Warner launch new TV stations. Trained on-air staff of News 10 Now, Syracuse, New York.
Warner Bros. Kennedy Space Center, FL
Warner Brothers production assistant for the movie Contact, directed by Robert Zemeckis.
Freelance Videographer / Producer / Reporter
1993 – 1995
BBC, Reuters, ABC’s Good Morning America, BBC, NBC’s TODAY, REUTERS TV, and more than two dozen other television and radio stations
- B.A., Communications – Motion Picture Technology in Communications, 1997
- University of Central Florida: A.A. with honors, 1995
- Brevard Community College
- International Ava Awards: Outstanding work by creative professionals involved in the shooting, and editing of videos.
- Three Associated Press Awards for news reporting
- Best of Show, First Place: State of Florida Physical Science Award – high speed photography.